Commission seeks countywide nominations for Women of the Year
Nominations are being accepted for the third annual Women of the Year Awards for each of the five county supervisorial districts.
The awards sponsored by the county’s Commission for Women recognize a woman from each district who has made contributions that improved the lives of women and families throughout Riverside County. Nominations are due on Feb. 15.
Winners will be recognized at the county Board of Supervisors meeting on April 6. Requirements for the nominations are as follows:
1.Each woman may be nominated by an individual, a business, a non-profit organization, a
government agency, a labor union, trade or professional organization, or an educational or
2. Each nominee must live or work in the Supervisorial District of Riverside County for which she is nominated.
3. Each nominee must have made an important and noticeable contribution to her community by leading the way to making Riverside County a better place for women to reach their full potential.
4. Each nominee must have demonstrated areas in which they have gained the respect of their peers as a leader or role model for other women or girls.
5. Each nominee may be recommended for a specific achievement, program, project, or for cumulative volunteer or professional achievements that demonstrate she has impacted the lives of the women and families in Riverside County for the better.
6. Current members of the County of Riverside Commission for Women are ineligible for nomination.
The Commission for Women is an advisory board to the Board of Supervisors that defines issues and recommendations to improve the lives of women and their families. For more information about the commission or to submit a nomination application, please call (951) 955-3510 or visit http://www.rc-hr.com/cfw/