Various boards, councils and commissions provide guidance and recommendations for county services in unincorporated communities and public policy issues, such as child care and early education, for the County of Riverside.
I am seeking dedicated residents who are available and willing to share their time and expertise to serve on these boards. These appointed positions are wonderful opportunities to serve and shape your community.
There are currently vacancies on each of the following (as of May 13, 2013):
• Bermuda Dunes Community Council, three seats
• Desert Edge Community Council, two seats
• Lake Tamarisk County Service Area (CSA) 51 Board, two seats
• Mecca Community Council, one seat
• Mesa Verde Community Council, one seat
• North Shore Community Council, one seat
• Ripley Community Council, one seat
• Riverside County Library Foundation Board, one seat
• Thousand Palms Community Council, three seats
Residents interested in serving on these boards and commissions should download and complete an application. For more information, please contact my office at 760-863-8211. If your application is not accepted at this time, it will be kept on file.
The Riverside County Clerk of the Board’s office maintains a database of boards, councils and commissions throughout the entire county here: www.bosweb.co.riverside.ca.us/Open/OPENAREA.asp